Okay, we are trying this again, because I had an awesome epic post halfway done for you last night and firefox/LJ ate it. BOO. :(
3. I have been sucked into a new fandom! It's epic love, people, seriously. And I have been gobbling up any fanfic I can find for it, so I've been doing mucho reading lately, so that's mainly where I've been. Let's see where my love for this fandom all started, shall we?
Oh, and a warning: If you RPF/RPS squicks you out, you may want to consider not clicking that link. Unless you want to just read the first half of my post about Adam Lambert and skip the rest...
FLAILINGS/EXPLANATION UNDER CUT
( Read more... )
snagged from the lovely spacekid77
• Pick your birth month.
• Strike out anything that doesn't apply to you.
• Bold (or italicize) the five-ten that best apply to you.
• Copy to your own journal, with all twelve months under a lj-cut.
• Tag 5 people from your friends list. (nope. but feel free to do it if you want!) :)
FEBRUARY: Abstract thoughts. Loves reality and abstract(not really sure about what exactly this means, but if it means I find analyzing/comparing things interesting, then yes). Intelligent and clever.
( What's your sign? )
For the past couple of days I've really been into this one book. Many of you probably don't know, but I'm a bit of a mystery book junkie, and whenever I go to half price books I end up getting like 10 every time ;) (BUT I almost never get around to reading all of them, so I have a nice pile of books in my room waiting to be read)
So lately I've been reading I've Heard That Song Before by Mary Higgens Clark. I haven't finished it yet, but basically it's about a woman (Kay) who marries a man(Peter) who is still under suspicion from the death of his neighbor, and then the later death of his first wife. Kay thinks that Peter is innocent, despite the fact that there is some evidence to the contrary, and that most of the rest of the world/community believes in his guilt.
It's really interesting and suspenseful, and it's really nice since I haven't gotten into a book quite this much in a while :D
Anyone read any good books lately?
You don't have to answer every question if you don't want to, but I'd love to hear your answers! :)
Am looking forward to getting to know you all better! :D
01) Are you currently in a serious relationship?
02) What was your dream growing up?
03) What talent do you wish you had?
04) If I bought you a drink what would it be?
05) Favorite vegetable?
06) What was the last book you read?
07) What zodiac sign are you?
08) Any Tattoos and/or Piercings? Explain where.
09) Worst Habit?
10) If you saw me walking down the street would you offer me a ride?
11) What is your favorite sport?
12) Do you have a Pessimistic or Optimistic attitude?
13) What would you do if you were stuck in an elevator with me?
14) Worst thing to ever happen to you?
15) Tell me one weird fact about you.
16) Do you have any pets?
17) What if I showed up at your house unexpectedly?
18) What was your first impression of me?
19) Do you think clowns are cute/funny or scary?
20) If you could change one thing about how you look, what would it be?
21) Would you be my partner-in-crime or my conscience?
22) What color eyes do you have?
23) Ever been arrested?
24) Bottle or can soda?
25) If you won $10,000 today, what would you do with it?
27) What's your favorite place to hang out?
28) Do you believe in ghosts?
29) Favorite thing to do in your spare time?
30) Do you swear a lot?
31) Biggest pet peeve?
32) In one word, how would you describe yourself?
33) Do you believe/appreciate romance?
34) Favorite and least favorite food?
35) Do you believe in God?
36) Will you repost this so I can fill it out and do the same for you?
My first TV love/obsession was Gilmore Girls, and that show is what got me into fanfiction. For some really odd reason, I don't actually remember how I found fanfiction on the internet, but I do remember that Gilmore Girls was the first fandom that I starting reading fanfiction for. So when I originally joined FF.net, I was going to be writing Gilmore Girls stories, hence the name.
gg stands for gilmore girls, junkie for junkie (obviously), and 33 is just because that is one of my favorite numbers. And there we have it! :)
I've considered changing my name to reflect my (now greater) love/addiction to Bones, but it seems like a lot of hassle to change, and I figure this way pays tribute to what got me into all this in the first place. :)
On a complete side note, has anyone seen these pictures of Emily at the Hot in Hollywood event? She looks absolutely stunning! Credit to Obsessed With Bones (which, by the way, is a great site for Bones news) for the post with the pictures.
I just signed up for a AIM account for my username here, and so if any of you would like to talk to me using IM, feel free to add me on AIM as ggjunkie33 :)
If one of you wants to talk to me, but has an IM account with another company/messenging service ( I know I've seen some people have a Yahoo!ID account), just let me know and I will probably get an account there so we can chat (MORE)!!! :)
Btw-Does anyone actually use the LJtalk thing that comes w/LJ? Jabber, or whatever it's called? Because every time I log in to it (which isn't very often, I'll admit), no one else is ever on.
The problem with LJ: we all think we are so close, but really we know nothing about each other.
I want you to ask me something you think you should know about me, something that should be obvious, but you have no idea about.
Ask away. Then post this in your LJ and find out what people don't know about you.
Okay, so it doesn't have to be something obvious/that should be obvious. You can ask me pretty much anything you want (although if it's super personal I may choose to answer in a PM). I might, however, just ask you the question right back ;)
My rec's below the cut :)
Okay, so I know this is late...sorry. I was watching Titanic on Thursday for the first time and as I'm sure most of you know, it's pretty long (a bit over three hours!). And yesterday I kinda ended up doing odds and ends stuff, like going to half-price books and getting some new awesome stuff to read :)
So, it is another Thursday (well, its not, but pretend it is!) andbertie456and I are here yet again to give you the joy that is Recommenday. we thought that Thursdays specifically needed some brightening up, and so each week we'll each be sharing something that we particularly enjoyed with you all. It could be a song, a fanfic, a quote, a TV show, a movie, a book, anything!
My contribution for this week is under the cut if you're interested!
I cannot believe it! This weekend has felt like summer to me so far, it's crazy! It's been high 80s, low 90s here today-I looked at my family's thermometer thing at one point and it said it was 94.6 degrees outside!!! It was fairly warm yesterday too, and it's supposed to continue at least through tomorrow.
As much as I like the sun being out and it being so nice, my family has all the fans on in our house-we dont do too well with the heat ; )
Unfortunately this will probably increase my junior-itis (like senoiritis where you start getting really lazy and don't want to do anything cause you're SO close to the end of your high school career, but for juniors haha) and will make me feel like it should be summer even more. Ugh. Oh well.
Hope we didn't take all the sun from you guys and that you're enjoying a lovely May day!
If you've already read her post, I apologize for repeating the explanation. So, here goes!
Recommenday is basically exactly what it sounds like. A day (thursdays) where you can recommend something that's caught your eye this week. It can be whatever you want; a TV show, a movie, a book, a fanfic, a song, a poem, a quote, whatever! : )
My rec for the week is under the cut, so feel free to join in and give suggestions! :D